- Website: http://www.wafertech.com/
- Phone: 360-817-3131
- Address: 5509 NW Parker St., Camas, WA 98607 - Map
- Green Features:
- WaferTech reduced hazardous waste by switching their focus from disposal to reuse. They accomplished this by switching their vendor from a TSDF (transfer, storage, disposal facility) to a chemical company focused on industrial ecology and materials brokering, where their 'very clean' used waste (e.g. chemicals) could be used in other applications.
- WaferTech participates in an annual survey through the semi-conductor association, and confirmed that they have reduced their hazardous waste disposal by 77%, primarily by recycling sulfuric acid.
- WaferTech has an on-site de-ionization (DI) plant which allows for the reuse of 50% of water usage. Water is re-purified and reused for process water, cooling towers and scrubbers.
- In June of 2012 WaferTech hosted the 'I Dream' science competition for Union High School. WaferTech awarded 2 scholarships for college for the Evergreen School District.
As a semiconductor integrated circuit (IC) foundry, our customers partner with WaferTech to manufacture the computer chips that the customer has designed. Because we are able to focus solely on the manufacturing processes of our customer IC's, WaferTech is able to provide a world-class fabrication facility that can meet today's demanding technology needs.